A credit memo is a commercial document which is sent by the seller to its customers with an intention to indicate the products, quantities, qualities, individual amounts and total amounts due towards them. This document can also be issued in case of errors or allowances. Credit memo is also known as credit note or just credit. This document will be drafted like an invoice. Main contents of this credit memo will include company information, customer information, date, quantity, product number, description, unit price, line total, totals etc. Signatures of the concerned salesman will also be included as must.
The credit memo may known as a financial document which generate by business during the proceedings of transactions. Well, here we can call it as a credit note which may use as a source for providing evidence of transaction. No doubt, this document will generate when a credit entry has been made by the credit handler. This will cover the financial records & make sure that for what reason a specific transaction was made. Apart of this, a credit memo will support the both parties who involved in deal, seemingly it will officially explain on the face of business how the entry of credit was takes places. In like manner, a credit memo template can also recognize as a credit note, as a credit memo or credit memorandum. So, the pivotal reason for having this document is to notify about the entry made in the financial records of party while the procedure of transaction.
Click on the download button to get this Credit Memo Template.
Following points should be consider using our created free word templates;
- Do not take print of template unless setting print properties which will allow you to add all content of template.
- Do not alter content of template unless required. Making necessary changes in template can wipe out the quality standards.
- Don’t change the setting of margins in template which is originally set by us. The default margins set by MS Word is one inch from both right and left sides.
- Don’t add extra page breaks in template in order to add some value in template. Adjusting page space by hitting page break function can influence the quality of template.
- Change in font style can also effect on the quality of the template. As per default setting of MS Word, it is set to Caliber. So, if you try to change style, it can effect on design and space requirements of template as well.
- Carefully use the live layout feature which is provided in MS Word, because it can reduce space setting and image properties. If you drag the image to make appropriate look, then using live layout feature is not helping.